Have you ever looked at your receipt after buying a few groceries items and found the cost to be overwhelming and stressful? Are you wondering what the solution is to live a healthy lifestyle and shop according to your own budget without overspending? This month I will be breaking down how you can shop smart without having to overspend. So you can continue to live and enjoy the journey of your healthy lifestyle!
Buying in Bulk
Buying in Bulk is one of the best ways to save your dollars and to stop making those extra weekly trips to the grocery store. Even though you probably have your go to store that you shop at all the time, I always recommend looking at the other stores in your area to see what sales are happening on produce, meats, dairy, and grains. Know where you are going before you leave, check out store’s print or online flyers and plan your shopping trip out. If you find a really good price stock up! When buying items in bulk, it is best to focus on foods that will last for a long time and won’t go bad quickly. A great place to buy in bulk is a store like Costco is based off of buying bulk items. I love Costco because they have a lot of whole, organic and healthy foods. The foods I like to buy in bulk are rice, pasta, oats, nut butters, nuts, frozen fruits, or vegetables. These items will last you for months. If you have these staple items in your home then you just need to go to your local super market for items you’ll need for the week.
What items do you stock up on when you find a great price?
Health & Wellness,
Zucchini Tortilla Taco’s
1 c cooked brown rice
1 c cooked black beans or protein
½ yellow onion, chopped
½ green bell pepper, thinly sliced
1 tbsp taco seasoning mix
4 small/medium zucchini
6 tbsp ground flax-seed
- Pre-heat oven to 350.
- Grate zucchini with a cheese grater. In a mixing bowl add egg, zucchini, and ground flax-seed. Mix well.
- Spray cookies sheet with coconut oil, place a piece of parchment paper down and spray again with coconut oil. Spoon out the mixture and pat down and form into circles that are 6 inches in diameter..
- Bake the tortilla’s for about 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown. Once baked set aside to cool.
- Cook brown rice according to the package. Chop the onion and bell pepper. Saute them in a frying pan, seasoning to taste with salt and pepper. Remove to a bowl and set aside.
- Using the same pan spray coconut oil and add the black beans and taco seasoning let it. Cook on medium heat for about 6 minutes or until it thickens.
- Plate tortilla’s and add the brown rice, beans and vegetables. Top with your favorite condiments like guacamole, greek yogurt, or salsa, Enjoy!
3 to 4 Rounds
Cycle for 5 mins
30 hip thrusters using kettle bell
12 Goblet squats using Kettle bells
12 rows using light dumbbell
10 Frog jump into push ups
Abs 3 rounds
20 Windshield wipers
20 Scissors kicks
20 second plank hip rockers