Each and every individual has their own body type that is designed specifically for them. Through your fitness journey you may at times get frustrated with figuring out what type of diet you should be on or what workout program best meets your body’s needs. While there are certain foods you can eat or exercises you can do to help with weight loss be mindful that there are no shortcuts when it comes to being healthier or losing weight. Being healthy and going through a weight loss journey is a lifelong change and commitment. As we learn about the four different body types remember that each and every one of you are made beautifully!
ARTEMIS – (Cameron Diaz) the goddess of the hunt; very athletic in her build because she was known for archery.
Shoulders, waist and hips are all in alignment with each other.
This body type can struggle to gain weight because of their metabolic rate, meaning you burn off calories quickly. The foods best for you is a combination of complex carbs, fruits, veggies, healthy fats and lots of protein. Some great choices are:
- Avocado, Pure Olive, Grapeseed, or Pumpkin Oil
- Brown Rice
- Meats (80% lean)
- Sweet potatoes
I recommend workouts that focus on toning the body as opposed to doing cardio. You’ll want to focus on building muscle in the body, the best workouts being: cross fit, boxing, or weight lifting. These focus on heavy weight lifting with a small amount of cardio, strength, and endurance training.
This ends of our series on body types. I hope that you found it helpful and if you have any questions regarding any of the body types let me know in the comments below!
Healthy & Wellness,
- Season chicken with your favorite healthy seasoning. Bake or grill chicken until done. Once chicken is cooked cut or dice the chicken and let cool.
- Place kale leaves in a mixing bowl with the cut up vegetables.
- In a blender add the olive oil, garlic, and lemon juice. Blend it until it is a creamy and smooth.
- Add the cooked chicken to the bowl with the vegetables and pour in half of the dressing, Mix all the ingredients together.
- Serve with your favorite nuts, fruit, or healthy cheese!!
3rounds of HIIT Workouts
10 laps back and forth of pushing of heavy weighted box
3x 100 jump ropes
Jumping jacks with two light weight dumbbells
6 laps back and forth of plank band walks
10 alternating jump lunges each leg
10 Sit up claps each leg
60 seconds all together Plank leg raises switch leg after 30 seconds
10 Burpee to squat jumps