Have you ever wondered what the best foods are pre-workout or if you should even eat before working out? Many people either eat the wrong foods or don’t eat before working out. Maybe your worried about feeling bloated, you don’t want heavy foods to ruin your training, or you’re worried about feeling sick or slow paced during your workout. But did you know if you ate a small light meal you are more likely to burn fat faster because your body has fuel in its system to function with which will also help you improve your workouts.
Here are some easy snacks I like to put together myself before I work out.
- Sliced half of a banana on some Ezekiel bread with almond butter
- Coconut yogurt with granola on top
- Humus with fresh sliced fruits and veggies.
I hope this will give you some ideas for a pre-workout snack that you can enjoy next time you go to the gym! If you try a snack before you go let me know in the comments below if you noticed an improvement in your workout.
Power Smoothie Bowl
¼ cup of Plain Coconut Water
1 tbsp Chia Seeds
1 tbsp Pecan (or any nut)
Handful of blueberries or any berry
- Place coconut water and bananas into the blender and blend them together until they’re creamy and smooth.
- Next place smoothie into a bowl and top with chia seeds, pecans, and blueberries. Enjoy!
Workout (do 5 rounds)
12 Lung into sidekicks on each leg
24 Butt kicks each leg
12 (on each leg) Sidekick standing crunches
Squat jump into burpees
All round the worlds in plank position (lift alternating arm and leg up holding into plank position)
Squat hold shuffling from side to side down and back