It’s been a week since you’ve last checked your weight, you’ve been training hard in the gym, eating healthy, and you see how great you look in the mirror! You go and weigh yourself, you look down at the scale, and you are at the same weight or you have gained a bit. You’re discouraged and perplexed because your clothes are loose, yet your weight won’t budge on the scale.
I am here to say that the scale is not always an accurate tool to use and here is why:
As you gain muscle and lose body fat, the scale does not specify how much water and body fat you’ve lost. The scale also doesn’t show how much muscle percentage you have gained. The scale calculates over all your weight by the water, muscles, and fats combined. You may be dismayed at your results from looking at the scale, but there is another method that works every time and is accurate always – it’s measuring tape!
As you are on your fitness journey, you will want to measure yourself once per month and three days after you have your cheat day on the weekends. Make sure to keep a journal handy with you to keep track of your measurements each month. And make sure you measure yourself in the mornings after you wake up, before you have your first meal of the day.
Lunch favorite as a vegetarian!
Recipe and nutrition facts are down below.
Chorizo Stuffed Peppers:
1 whole organic green bell pepper
2.5 oz of vegetarian Chorizo (found in Trader Joes)
1 oz of raw grass fed cheddar cheese
4 T Of salsa
1/4 cup of red quinoa
- Preheat oven for 400 degrees
- Cook quinoa according to package directions.
- Mix salsa and Chorizo together in heated skillet and let it cook for about 5 minutes. Meanwhile, grate cheddar cheese and set aside.
- Once the quinoa is done, mix it in with the Chorizo mix and remove the pan from the burner. Put the peppers in a sprayed baking dish, and spoon the stuffing mix into the peppers before topping with cheddar cheese. Put the peppers in the oven and let it bake for about 17 minutes, until golden brown and peppers are soft.
- After cooling, enjoy with your favorite protein shake!!
Warmup: complete 4 rounds
Pike Push-ups 10x
Frog jumps 10x
Workout: Complete 8 rounds
Fly backs with light weights 10x
Plank to Push-Up 10x
25 jump ropes
To taps 10x each leg (Start with a push-up plank position, put feet on the box, alternate feet up and down from side to side)
Abs: Complete 3 rounds
Hanging leg lifts with weight 12x
Knee tucks 12x
Side Crunches 12x on each side.